Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Just kick me while I'm down!

Yesterday was a very, VERY bad day. Let's just say that when my mother called in the late afternoon, I was on my hands and knees searching the back of a cabinet for a bottle of wine. No, I wasn't going to pop the thing open on the spot and start drinking straight from the bottle! I just wanted something ready to go the second the kids were in bed for the night. Brandon and Dylan had not only pushed my buttons, they found buttons I didn't even know I had. They were behaving so badly, I questioned my parenting skills several times yesterday. By the time they finally fell asleep for nap, their room was stripped of everything except heavy furniture. (That was actually a mistake, because at one point they were running in circles in all the space I created.) I would have cried if I had a moment to myself, but I still had Owen wide awake since the boys behavior kept the baby from sleeping, too. Luckily, my husband was my knight in shining armor. He came home from work at a decent hour to take the kids off my hands. He's the best! That wine wasn't bad either.

No comments: