Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter

During breakfast this morning Russ was hiding the eggs we colored last night at his mom's house. They weren't out in the grass that long. Apparently they were out there long enough, because some of the eggs were covered in tiny slugs by the time they were found. How disgusting is that??? Despite the ickiness, the boys had a great time looking for eggs in the backyard.


Around 10:30 we went to my mom's house for brunch. There was soooo much food! We ate and ate and ate. Mostly because it took Russ and my brother forever to hide the 100+ eggs for the kids. I'm sure my mom will be finding a few random eggs throughout the year. It took the kids a good 15 minutes to find all the eggs. My brother even hid a special egg. Whoever found it won a chocolate rabbit. Hadija was the clever girl who saw it in the big walnut tree. It was pretty cute. Owen left his basket far behind and was carrying all the eggs he found in his arms. It was pretty hilarious. He was doing his best to keep up with his brothers and cousin. Dylan's basket was overflowing with eggs. He literally could not fit one more egg into his basket. Brandon was having a field day. He was the biggest and fastest, but since there were sooo many eggs it didn't matter.

I think Easter has got to be my favorite holiday. Christmas is great, but it comes with so much stress and too many expectations. Easter is just a wonderful spring day spent with family. My Aunt Norma was here this year. So instead of succumbing to the nap I so badly wanted, I sat with my mom and aunts and Russ's mom at the kitchen table, nibbling on food and chatting. The opportunity to do such a thing is so rare, I couldn't let it pass by.

It was an exhausting weekend, but so worth the exhaustion!

No comments: