Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Irony

(If you haven't read "I'm a snap happy mommy", please read it before this entry to appreciate the irony.)

Yesterday I was editing some video for this blog, and discovered that I had taped over Brandon's 4th birthday and birthday party. I spent the better part of yesterday sick to my stomach and periodically crying. The birthday party I eventually could have lived with, but losing the first time Brandon rode his first big boy bike is something that I'm taking very hard. I do have photos of everything, but the video was just as important to us. Russ feels about video the way I feel about photographs. He doesn't want to flip through photos and just see that one tiny moment. He wants to see every second there was, and depending on what it is, I feel the same way.

No comments: