Thursday, August 30, 2007

Dylan's first painting


Don't ask me why, but I got a bug one day to buy something messy, so I splurged on paint supplies. I guess I was bored doing the same old thing with the kids. I was tired of coloring and stickers and games and toys. The pool was nice when it wasn't scorching hot. The kids didn't care how hot it got, because they were the ones in the water. I, on the other hand, was sitting in a chair sweating through the long agonizing minutes. I tried squirt bottles filled with water. Brandon loved that. Dylan's tiny hands just couldn't get around the squirt handle, so he had to try holding the bottle with one hand and pull the squirt handle with the other. I don't think he could get much more frustrated.

So now I figure Dylan has never painted before, and he can hold a paint brush. How hard could it be for a almost 2 year old to paint? He's going to love this, and sure enough he did. Brandon is always bringing home paintings from preschool, so I knew he'd have blast painting with his brother. I set them up side by side and let their creative juices flow. You'll see Dylan's painting above. He did surprisingly well for his first time. He was having such a great time, he was dancing around while he was painting. It was pretty darn cute. Brandon was pretty methodical as he painted (see below). He mixed colors on his paper, and he had to think about where certain colors were going to go, before brush touched paper again. His finishing touches were the dots. Mommy scored big points with the boys that day.


No comments: