Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Poor neglected Deets!

I was working on one of Dylan's scrapbooks today. He is the most neglected when it comes to recording his life. I just have not been able to get it together to get his first year scrapbook passed the day he came home from the hospital. I don't know what it is, but every time I sit down to tackle it, it's like I hit a mental road block. I just sit there paralyzed not knowing where to start. I have the photos in my hand, the notes to record the event in writing, the decorative pieces to make the page pretty....nothing. I have a feeling that it's because it isn't as cute as Brandon's scrapbooks. I had so much time to work on Brandon's. His is really creative. Dylan's is turning into a very simple, clean scrapbook with very little color and even less creativity.

Since I just can't figure out D's first year, I've moved on to the years that follow. So much easier! I've given up the large scrapbooks for digital photo books. They are less time consuming and so much easier to build. On the other hand, they are far less personal. Lets be honest, I don't have time for personal! D's first year scrapbook is a great example! It will be a miracle if it ever gets done. Anyway, today I was able to fill in 30 pages of Dylan memories. I am on a mission to get his book up to date before anyone else. My poor neglected Deets! I'm having the best time watching him grow up all over again. He was such a silly baby!

No comments: