Friday, June 12, 2009

Cindy's Dad in the hospital

My dad went to the hospital for a scheduled surgery yesterday morning. The procedure for his diverticulitis went well. He was having additional problems with his heart today, so they moved him to a room on the cardiac floor. I went to visit him yesterday and today, and he was far more pleasant than I expected. The last time I saw him in the hospital, he wasn't so nice. I'm sure a lot of it had to do with all the pain he was in and all the strong drugs they were giving him. I think he's much more mellow this time around since he has a friend with him most of the day, and my brother and myself are popping in for visits. He should be home in a few days as long as they don't find additional problems with his heart. I'm hoping he can go home soon, so he can get some rest. With nurses and doctors popping in and out to check on him (or a roommate) it's impossible for him to rest. He was moved to a private room today, so hopefully he'll be able to rest a little easier.

No comments: