Friday, July 10, 2009

Brotherly bops

Well, I'm marking my calendar today. For the first time in my life one of my kids finally said in that whiny, sing-songy voice, "Well, he started it." The infamous phrase came from Dylan's lips. Kind of ironic, because he's usually the one stirring the chili.

All three boys weren't even home all day. Brandon & Dylan came home at 5pm. We were at the pool for swim lessons by 6 and home by 7. By 7:30 I was ready to pop in some ear buds and have a glass of wine pretending I live in a child-free house. Every second they were together was filled with yelling, crying, hitting, tattling, grabbing....causing Russ and I to participate in the yelling portion. Sometimes I feel like an outsider walking by must see smoke and dust smoldering from the foundation of our home.

No comments: