Friday, July 24, 2009

Neighbor pains

Don't get me wrong, the people next door are nice, but it doesn't stop me from disliking the fact they are adding a second story less than 12 steps from my back door. (Just imagine that the neighbor behind you is just as close as your next door neighbor.) I'm just now realizing that all common area windows that face the backyard will no longer see blue sky. All we will see is the house next door. If you haven't been here, our backyard is very shallow and long since we are the corner house. Now our yard will look like an alleyway. I'm already trying to come up with ways to block the view of their house. If we ever want to sell, the backyard is going to be a huge factor now.

I took some photos, but it's hard to tell how close they really are. I took all of the photos from our two different back doors:

Outside our laundry room door: You can't see it, but he's
framed 2
windows facing our backyard and it looks
like he's going to frame a 3rd.



Standing just outside of our two huge sliding glass doors,
this is what we see. They are so close I need a wide angle
lense (which I don't have) to capture the whole house in one shot.

No comments: